As we reported a week or so ago, it is now possible for anybody with the motivation and some spare cash to get hold of a shiny new Samsung Z3 anywhere in the world through re-sellers on eBay, and no doubt on other similar sites. My new handset ended up costing me $224.99 USD all-in, including shipping from India to Canada.
Having taken delivery of the latest-and-greatest Tizen handset, I obviously want to enable developer mode and USB debugging and do some development work.
Instructions to enable USB Debugging mode
- Start the Phone application
- Type * # 84936 # – The numbers 84936 actually spell out TIZEN
- Select Icon to enable Developer Option
- Open the Settings application
- Scroll to the bottom and you will see the new Developer Options submenu
- Select the icon next to USB Debugging
Here’s a video showing the process. Really simple. Have fun with your developer mode enabled Z3 🙂