Let the hacking begin !!! The original Samsung Galaxy Gear has recently got an Tizen OS upgrade, leaving behind the Android OS, and now the XDA community has found a method to gain root access.
How to install
- Download the firmware file http://www.4shared.com/file/XIqMjv5jba/v700_rootfsimg.html?
- Download and start the Odin application
- Click on AP
- Choose the downloaded v700_rootfs.img.tar file that you dowloaded
- Click Start
- Install the Tizen SDK
- Run the sdb root on Terminal command
- For full access to the file system: sdb shell mount -o remount,rw /
Here is a Video showing you how to flash firmware onto the Samsung Galaxy Gear. What is the first thing you will hack?