The Linux Foundation have today gone Live again with the Tizen Development Unit Program and are now seeding handsets to eligible Application Developers. For your commitment and drive for Tizen you will be able to get Tizen compatible hardware in order for you to Develop Tizen Applications.
The Software Development Platform is an ARM-based development device running Tizen 1.0 (upgradeable to Tizen 2.0), and is intended for developers who require physical hardware, including a touchscreen. It is not a phone and cannot be used to make calls. This is the same hardware that was distributed at the 2012 Tizen Developer Conference.
Heres are the specifications of the unit:
- CPU : 1.2 Ghz dual core A9 chip
- RAM : 1GB
- The CPU and memory are bonded together in one package.
- Flash: 16GB
- Graphics is Mali-400 MP
- LCD dimensions: 720×1280 pixels (58×103 millimeters)
- Melfas touch screen controller
- WiFi / Bluetooth : BCM4330 , 802.11a/b/g/n MAC/Baseband/Radio with Integrated Bluetooth 4.0+HS & FM Transceiver
- GPS : SiRFstarIV GTD4T-9600B
- NFC : NXP-44501 (no antenna)
- HSPA+ : Intel XMM 6260
- Si470x FM Radio Receiver
- Audio: Yamaha (C1-YMU823 aka MC1N2)
- KR3DH accelerometer
- AK8975 : 3-axis Electronic Compass
- L3G4200D low-power three-axis angular rate sensor
- Camera chip : mbg043
- Maxim MAX8997 power management
- Silkscreen on board says, “SLP_U1HD” and the hostname is “U1HD”
- bootloader is u-boot , /bin/fw_printenv shows bootloader environment
These units are the same type as the ones handed out at the 2012 Tizen Conference (RD-210). Closing date for applications is 11:59pm on Sunday, April 14.
For further information and selection criteria heads on over to the Development Unit Program Page