This Article was Originally posted at Maemo.Org
It still has rough edges but I use it for my day-to-day feed-reading at this stage.
The program can be downloaded from the (incredibly rudimentary) website:
And the source (GPL v2+) is available on git hub:
Feedback welcome (once it’s much more polished I’ll put it in the Ovi Store (for free) or apps.formeego.org).
- Easy to use interface (choose categories/feeds/entries from the list or keep pressing the “down” button which moves from entry to entry, marking them read
- Mark Entries Read/Unread or mark whole feed read
- Open the current entry in a browser
- Doesn’t handle edit token expiry – 30mins after loading the app, you can no longer change any state on Google’s servers (e.g. mark an entry feed)
- Doesn’t handle feed continutations so can only download the first 20 items in a feed.
- Text sometimes overflows the container for it (I’m struggling with Text clipping and elliding).
- Mark entry starred
- Better error handling/testing