The Article below is from Maemo Briefs regarding Media Sharing:
As you know, due to the aim of getting the N9 DLNA-certified, developers had to introduce some restrictions.
One of the most annoying limitation from an end user point of view is that you can’t share arbitrary videos or music which you may have put on your device.
Another, though minor, issue is that it’s not possible to change the name shown in UPnP or DLNA clients on the network.
- Enabling/disabling audio transcoding
- Setting the name of the device on the network
- Sharing of all media files, even those without DLNA profiles
- Enabling/disabling uploading
- Setting a home access point
Source Maemo Briefs