- Complete MeeGo Compliance packages for ensured compatibility.
- GCC 4.5.1 toolchain with great support for the Intel Atom* micro-architecture and the Intel SSSE3 instruction set, as well as with great ARM support. It has Linaro 2010.09 patches adding hard floating-point for all known ARMV7-A chipsets including Tegra2 and Marvell chips with sub-architectures of Thumb2/Neon.
- Linux kernel 2.6.37, with support for Intel Atom processor Z6xx series family and Nokia N900 with working power-management and numerous bug fixes.
- X.org Server 1.9.0 and Mesa 7.9.1, for improved 2D and 3D graphics performance.
- Qt 4.7.2 and Qt-mobility 1.2, providing a rich set of APIs for creating compelling applications that include location, sensors, contacts, and messaging. The new version of Qt enables GLLE-only builds and adds multi-point touch support through XInput2 API and many performance optimizations. On the ARM side, it conducts ARMv7 optimizations and runtime detection for enabling NEON optimization. For Qt-mobility 1.2, it adds a new connectivity subpackage and enhanced camera support, it also adds libva and GLESv2 shader support.
- New Connman connection manager with a lot of bug fixes and new features like tethering, openvpn, setting proxy auto-configuration, IPV6 DNS connections and regulatory domain settings, and more.
- New Ofono telephony stack with extensive bug-fixes and features like support for many new modems, improved SSN and voicecall handling, multiple AT channels, call forwarding and SIM refresh, emergency calls without SIM/PIN, and more.
- Pulseaudio 0.9.22 with all required support for resource policy management, audio management, and phone calls. Supports bluetooth A2DP for mp3 direct streaming.
- Gstreamer 0.10.32.
- New resource policy management framework with working audio route in both IA and N900 platforms.
- PackageKit 0.6.13: supports more proxies, including http_proxy, https_proxy, socks_proxy and no_proxy; supports cancel operations while downloading/installing packages. Supports downloading raw RPM packages directly.
Repos and Images available for Download Here. At present Core / Netbook and IVI images are available, with others coming online in due course.
Happy MeeGo 1.2 day 😉 Huge thanks goes out to the MeeGo Community that make this all happen.